IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS AND TIPS FOR AUTHORS AND EDITORS
Please ensure that you adhere strictly to the following instructions. It will save our and your time as well as cost. If we receive a manuscript that requires a lot of work, you will be charged for that. There are lots of things you can handle yourself before submitting your manuscript.
Submitting a Book Manuscript to SLWS
In order to reduce cost of production, SLWS requires a camera-ready manuscript to be submitted AFTER the review and editing processes. Templates are therefore provided below.SLWS will charge for typesetting of technical, scientific texts if the author cannot submit a typeset manuscript.
- For NOVELS and POETRY, please download this WORD TEMPLATE
- For SHORT STORIES, please down this WORD TEMPLATE2
- For RESEARCH TEXTS, MEMOIRS, (AUTO)BIOGRAPHIES, please download this WORD TEMPLATE3
- For all other books, please contact the SLWS Publisher for guidance.
- Generally, please avoid empty lines, unless very necessary. The cost of printing a book is determined largely by the number of pages it has. A 120-page book will cost much less to print than a 200-page book.
- You can end up with fewer pages by selecting a larger book format and a smaller font size.
- Our novels are of standard 5.2"x8". If you are comfortable with a larger format, say, 5.5"x8.5" or 6"x9", please let the publisher know. We advise that you go to a library and choose a book that you like, see how it feels in your hands, and select that format. We can produce your book to your liking. After all, you must like your own book.
- We recommend GARAMOND SIZE 12. That looks very good and readable. Size 13 can be better but it will increase the pages of your book.
- It is extemely important that you avoid what many call "careless errors". They are called this way because you have the opportunity to avoid them. Give your manuscript to friends and colleagues. Otherwise pay a professional copyeditor to review your book and fix any errors. SLWS can identify someone to assist for a fee. Our copyeditors do not charge professional fees because they support the SLWS mission.