CALL FOR PAPERS FOR A FORTHCOMING BOOK
Myriad Paths, Single Destination: Sierra Leone's route to development
We are pleased to inform that we are editing a book titled, Myriad Paths, Single Destination: Sierra Leone’s route to Development which will be published by the Sierra Leonean Writers Series.
Sierra Leoneans at home and abroad are invited to submit articles that will be published as book chapters. The articles will be reviewed by individuals outside the editorial board who possess the requisite knowledge in the areas or disciplines for which they are reviewers.
CALL FOR REVIEWERS
Click here to view our growing pool of reviewers
PURPOSE OF THE BOOK
"Development" is a complex concept as development studies have shown. For years, Sierra Leoneans have talked and written about, discussed, and or, even wondered as to how their country can be "developed."
This publication seeks to bring together in a single volume some of the best thinking on how to develop Sierra Leone. The chapters in the book will be based on empirical research, and the policy recommendations, on best practice.
The subject areas below are the bases from which topics can be drawn. The articles posted are in the form received from the authors. They are not yet edited by the SLWS editors.
|Traditional Culture, Art and Development||The legal system and Justice||Youth and unemployment||Governance||The Press/Media and society|
|National languages||National cohesion||Science and Technology||The Economy||The Environment|
|Social safety Net||Disaster preparedness and responses||Transportation||Banking and the financial system||The private sector and the economy|
|Mineral resources and petroleum||Land||Infrastructure||Local content||External relations and assistance|
- The proposed paper/chapter must deal with issues related to the social, cultural, economic, political, environmental and other development issues in the country of Sierra Leone.
- The theme of the paper/chapter must follow an aspect of development, and the paper must offer a recommendation to deal with the problem
- The manuscript must endeavor to be non-esoteric; in other words, the paper should be accessible to the average reader.
- The title page must contain the name, affiliations, and contact email of author (s).
- Relevant text must be cited appropriately using MLA, APA, CBE, Harvard system of referencing or any other preferred style.
- Send manuscript as MS Word file.
We will first publish the unedited versions of articles online. Please click on a subject area to see the available articles. Authors may receive feedback and can revise their papers several times before the final decision by the editors to review all the papers together. Submission is open until 31st December 2017 when the editors will consider whether or not they have received the critical number of articles they are expecting.